& SSC Exam
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs Asked in SBI Clerical
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 1
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 2
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 3
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 4
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 5
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 6
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 7
- Current Affairs 2015 Part - 08
- Current Affairs 2015 Part 09
- Rail Budget 2015-16
- Economic Survey 2014-15
- Pratiyogita Darpan Free Download
- Topics Part - 1
- Topics Part - 2
- Quiz Held on
Monday, March 30, 2015
Friday, March 27, 2015
- INS Alleppey, one of the seven mine sweepers of the Indian Navy, will be decommissioned this year, leaving 14 ports - of which 12 are identified as key - to be covered by just six ships.
- Mine sweepers perform the critical job of keeping shipping lines and ports open by detecting and defusing mines planted by the enemy by sea or air.
- 6000 MW Mithivirdi Nuclear Power Plant is in Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
- India’s Beyond Visual Range (BVR) air-to-air missile ASTRA successfully test fired from Chandipur, Balasore (Odisha)
- Exercise Surya Kiran VIII - Between Indian Army & Nepalese Army
- Govt. to set up National Marine Police Academy @ Gujarat.
- Chief Minister of J & K - Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (leader of People’s Democratic Party)
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh will declare New Capital of Andhra Pradesh - Amaravati.
- New schemes PRASAD and SWADESH DARSHAN launched by the government to promote tourism in the country.
- PRASAD stands for 'Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive'. Under PRASAD, initially, twelve cities namely : Amritsar, Ajmer, Amaravati, Dwaraka, Gaya, Kanchipuram, Kedarnath, Kamakhya, Mathura, Puri, Varanasi and Vellankani have been identified for development.
- Cabinet approval for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana to provide skill training to youth including class 10, 12 dropouts. Scheme will be implemented by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurs through NSDC.
- Cabinet has approved 33% reservations for women in all non-gazetted posts of all police forces in all Union Territories of the country.
- Supreme Court has quashed OBC reservations in Central list to the Jat community.
- All India Institute of Ayurveda to be set up at New Delhi.
- Union Minister of Chemcials & Fertilizers, Ananth Kumar launched “Pharma Jan Samadhan Scheme” - which is a web based portal for addressing grievances of consumers related to price and availability of drugs. Scheme has been created by NPPA (National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority)
- Supreme Court reiterated that Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for availing government benefits including subsidies.
- India’s Ambassador to US - Arun Singh
- Haryana Govt. passed ‘Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan' Bill banning cow slaughter and sale of beef.
- To combat the problem of falling child sex ratio, Haryana Govt launched Scheme “Aapki Beti Hamaari Beti”.
- Under the scheme the first girl child of SC & BPL families will be covered + second girl child of all families born or after Jan 22, 2015
- Under the scheme will receive Rs 21,000
- Haryana Govt also launched ‘Haryana Kanya Kosh’
- Election Commission has launched “NERPAP - National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme” with objective to bring total error-free and authenticated electoral roll. Under the drive Electoral Photo Card will also be linked with Aadhaar Card to ensure no duplication.
- Oral Rotavirus vaccine ROTAVAC, developed by Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech launched. Three doses to be given; disease diarrhoea.
- Bill banning Cow slaughter approved in Maharashtra : Cow slaughter was already banned since 1976, but the new amendment also banned bulls and bullocks slaughter.
- Maharashtra Govt to rename Mumbai’s Girgaum Chowpatty as Swaraj Bhoomi- place where Bal Gangadhar Tilak was cremated.
- Electronic Voting Machines will have candidates Photo from May 1, 2015
- Ratan Tata to head the Railways Innovation Council ‘Kayakalp’.
- The world's largest and tallest Indian tricolour was unfurled at Town Park in Faridabad on 3 March 2015.
- Delhi High Court ruled that Attorney General of India comes under the ambit of RTI.
- Varanasi to Kathmandu bus service “Bharat Nepal Maitri Bus Seva” has been flagged off - aimed at boosting Buddhist and religious tourism
- Reknowned Malayalam poet Yusufali Kecherry died.
- Veteran Gandhian Narayan Desai (son of Mahadev Desai) passed away. His known work- lecture series on Gandhi called “Gandhi Katha”.
- Railways have hike Platform ticket to Rs 10/- to regulate rush at platforms.
- Ashu Suyash will be the new CEO of CRISIL from June 1, 2015
- RBI has agreed on $ 1.5 billion currency swap deal with Sri Lanka
- Bank Rates decided by RBI (as of March 4)
- Repo Rate = 7.5% (has been reduced from 7.75%)
- CRR = 4% (kept same)
- Rupee 1 note is now again in circulation. It bears the signature of Finance Secretary, Rajiv Mehrishi.
- The re-launched one rupee notes will be made up of 100% cotton rag content. It will weigh 90 grams per square metre and have thickness of 110 microns. The colour of one Rupee Currency Note is predominantly pink green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
- Insurance Law Amendment Bill 2015, seeks to increase FDI cap in insurance sector from present 26% to proposed 49%.
- HDFC Bank launched Chillr Money Transfer mobile app. to transfer money instantly to any person in their contact list. For this HDFC has partnered with Kochi based technology firm MobME.
- TCS has been ranked as top employer in Europe for third consecutive year.
- Flipkart acquired mobile ad Network company AdiQuity.
- Union Govt and RBI signed an ‘Agreement on Monetary Policy Framework’ which empowers RBI to go for inflation targeting and also empower it to monitor its monetary policy framework.
- NASA’s Hubble telescope spots ocean on Jupiter’s Moon Ganymede.
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft has created history by becoming the first mission to achieve orbit around the dwarf planet Ceres
- World’s first - two electric satellites (built by Boeing) were successfully lifted off by a Space Exploration (SpaceX) Technologies rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, United States.
- The satellites are owned by the French satellite provider Eutelsat and Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS).
Advice * Never Buy Paid Current Affairs. They are always One Month Old.
Aspirants from PUNJAB (only) Join Facebook Group for Study and Discussion
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Current Affairs Part 08 - Short and Concise for SSC, FCI, Bank of Baroda BMSB Bank exams - March Month
Current Affairs Part 08
- Golden Gate Awards @ International Tourism Borse, Germany - Winner is Kerala Tourism for promoting backwaters.
- Tyler Prize - Madhav Gadgil (reknowned ecologist, he was also chairman of Western Ghats Ecology Panel)
- Folio Prize - Indian-American writer Akhil Sharma (for fiction novel which took him 13 long and painful years to complete). He won this for his book Family Life.
- Folio Prize is given by london-based publisher The Folio Society.
- Saraswati Samman 2014 - Veerappa Moily, for his famous Kannada poem 'Ramayana Mahanveshanam'.
- Saraswati Samman Award is instituted by KK Birla Foundation, given annually for outstanding literary contribution in any Indian language mentioned in Schedule VIII of the constitution.
- Stree Shakti Puruskar (Six Women)
- Anyay Rahit Zindagian NGO of Goa has been conferred with Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Award
- Rani Lakshmibai Award has been presented to Seema Prakash of Madhya Pradesh
- Astha Sansthan , NGO of Rajasthan has been awarded Rani Rudramma Devi
- Chandraprabha Bokey from Maharashtra has been conferred Mata Jijabai Award
- Dr. P Bhanumati of Kerala has been presented with Kannagi Award
- Sister While Mariola from Rajasthan has been awarded Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang
- Nari Shakti Puraskar (Eight Women)
- Rashmi Anand from Delhi
- Dr Nandita Krishna from tamil Nadu
- Dr Laxmi Gautam from Uttar Pradesh
- Neha Kirpal from Delhi
- Latika Thukral from Haryana
- Dr Sailakshmi Balijepally from Tamil Nadu
- P. Kausalya from Tamil Nadu
- Dr Swaraj Vidwan from Uttarakhand
- A documentary film “India’s Daughter” made by British Director Leslee Udwin regarding the 2013 Delhi gang rape has been banned.
- ‘National Award for the Best Representation of the cause of safety, security and protection of women and girl child’ - Rani Mukherjee (Mardaani).
- Martin Guptill scored highest ever score in World Cup - 237. It also is the second double century in world cup after Chris Gayle.
- Stockholm Water Prize 2015 - Rajendra Singh (Also known as Water Man)
- For his innovative water restoration efforts in rural India improving water security and his extraordinary courage to empower communities in Indian villages.
- India’s highest award in Cinema - DadaSaheb Phalke Award for year 2014 will be honoured on Shashi Kapoor.
- The award is conferred by Govt of India for outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian cinema.
- Laadli Voice of the Country Award - Lata Mangeshkar
- 62th National Film Awards (Don’t confuse it with Filmfare awards)
- Best Actress - Kangana Ranaut
- Best Actor - Vijay
- Best Feature Film - Court (Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati & English)
- Best Director - Srijit Mukherji (for Chotushkone - Bengali film)
- Best Film on Social Issues - Chotoder Chobi (Bengali)
- Best Film on Environment Protection / Conservation - Ottal (Malayalam)
- Best Children’s Film - Kaakkaa Muttai (Tamil) & Elizabeth Ekadashi (Marathi)
- Best Child Artist - J. Vignesh (for Kakkaa Muttai)
- Best Popular Film with wholesome entertainment - Mary Kom
- Indira Gandhi award for Best Debut film of a director - Asha Jaoar Majhe (Bengali)
- Best Regional Films *(Important for respective state exams, otherwise not much important)
- Best Assamese Film : Othello
- Best Bengali Film: Nirbashito
- Best Hindi Film: Queen
- Best Kannada Film: Harivu
- Best Malayalam Film: Ain
- Best Marathi Film: Killa
- Best Odiya Film: Aadim Vichar
- Best Punjabi Film: Punjab 1984
- Best Tamil Film: Kuttram Kadithal
- Best Telugu Film: Chandamama Kathalu
- Best Rabha Film: Orong
- Best Haryanvi Film: Pagdi The Honour
- FIFA Women World Cup 2019 will be hosted by France
- UAE to host Asian Football cup in 2019
- Virat Kohli warned by BCCI for abusive behaviour
- Mary Kom will quit boxing after Rio Olympics 2016
- New President of BCCI - Jagmohan Dalmiya
- Durban will host 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Paul Van Ass appointed coach of Indian Men Hockey Team
- Irani Trophi 2015 - Karnataka
- Ranji Trophy 2015 - Karnataka
- Santosh Trophy 2015 - Services
- Swiss Grand Prix Gold Championship - Srikanth (from India)
- Mary Kom to be appointed brand ambassador of North East.
Around the World
- Indian born Nobel laureate Venkataraman Ramakrishnan will head the Royal Society of UK.
- Bronze Statue of Mahatma Gandhi unveiled at Parliament Square, London.
- IMF Chief Christine Legarde was on a 2-day trip to India and lauded India’s Make in India Campaign.
- China has started production of World’s first hydrogen powered tramcar. China is the only country to have mastered technology in hydrogen powered vehicles.
- Former Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed scentenced to 13 years in imprisonment by Supreme Court under anti-terrorism laws.
- World Economic Forum (WEF) headquartered in Geneva, named Smriti Irani as the Young Global Leader from India.
- Mo Ibrahim Award - Namibia President Pohamba
- International Conference on Counter Terrorism (for 3 days) held @ Jaipur.
- Narendra Modi is the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Sri Lanka in last 28 years.
- Four agreements with the Indian Ocean island nation Seychelles to boost security and maritime partnership during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Sychelles.
- Narendra Modi also launched the Coastal Surveillance Radar Project in Seychelles, describing it as another symbol of the cooperation between the two countries.
- Second Solar Powered Plane - Impulse 2 started its journey round the world from Abu Dhabi. It will be the first solar plane to fly across the continents and ocean.
- Pakistan test-fired its first indigenously built drone burraq and laser guided missile Barq.
- Saudi Arabia is the world’s biggest arms importer
- Cyclone PAM hit South Pacific island nation Vanuatu.
- US has declared Venezuela as a national threat.
Was this Post Helpful ?
Recommend to Friends
|Add IBPS Prep Portal As Friend On Facebook